On behalf of the Springfield Black Chamber of Commerce, thank you for your interest in the 217 Black Business Relief Fund.
Thank You to our Community Partners:
217 Black Business Relief Fund
This fund is designed to provide timely financial resources to Springfield’s Black businesses in need of financial relief. The intent of funding is to serve as a bridge to the sustainability and success of the Black business.
SBCC is committed to working on behalf of greater Springfield’s Black small businesses during this crisis. This grant is just one of the many ways in which we hope to provide support in the coming days, months and years. Please visit springfieldbcc.org to sign up to our newsletter and receive updates on activities.
The 217 Black Business Relief Fund Team
The SBCC, in partnership with Community Foundation for the Land of Lincoln and Bank of Springfield, has created a Black Business Relief Fund. The monies raised under this fund will be made available as interest-free grant relief dollars for these businesses, adversely impacted by COVID-19.
Congress and the State of Illinois approved funding; however, many local small Black owned businesses did not receive financial support. Their recovery will be extremely difficult. The Springfield Black Chamber of Commerce (SBCC) has launched a Black Business Relief fund to raise more than $20 THOUSAND for financial infusion to resuscitate local Black owned businesses.
Application Process Now Open
- Grants will be allocated in various amounts ranging from $500 – $5,000, pending decisions made by the SBCC.
Criteria for Receiving Relief:
- Complete Application Link
- Complete 2 Hour Financial Management Training Workshop, hosted by SBCC
The 217 Black Business Relief Fund provides Grants to Small Businesses
Please APPLY for the 217 Black Business Relief Fund to find out if you are eligible for receiving an Interest Free Grant from monies raised by your Springfield Black Chamber of Commerce by following the detailed CRITERIA listed below.
To Apply for a Grant
If you are a local small Black owned business in Springfield, Illinois and would like to apply for a Grant, the criteria follows…
- Review the Black Business Relief Eligibility Checklist to help start the process of qualifying your business with identifying your business eligibility (fillable form here).
- Review the Eligibility Requirements.
- Completing the process online.
- Non-Chamber Member, please apply for your Membership Here, www.springfieldbcc.org.
READ FULL CRITERIA AND ELIGIBILITY
To Fund the Black Business Relief Fund
Help the Springfield Black Chamber of Commerce (SBCC) retain a viable part of our business community. The SBCC, in partnership with its corresponding community partners, has created a Black Business Relief Program. The monies raised under this program will be made available as interest-free grant relief dollars for these businesses, adversely impacted by COVID-19.
Funds to provide economic relief to local Black owned businesses, defined as 20 employees or less, have not trickled down to the Black community.
Qualifying “grantees” in this category (20 employees or less) will be vetted according to three of the SBCC eligibility requirements including:
Demonstrate business legitimacy
- Provide any form of business documentation – website, business pictures, bank statements that include the business address and business name
- A valid business license dated 10/01/19 or earlier
- A valid identification card (driver’s license, passport, etc)
- A completed W9 form (if approved)
- Primary business operation in Springfield, IL
- Sales from Square, CASH AP, Kabbage, and the like to document cash flow over a reasonable period